In order to make your home a more energy-efficient space, having the windows tinted is an excellent route to take. In addition to lowering how much you spend on your energy payments, window tinting offers a plethora of other benefits. This is a relatively inexpensive way to improve your entire home, so it is definitely something that you should look into! In this blog post, we will take a look at a few ways that window tinting can specifically and noticeably improve your home, many of which you might have been unaware of. These will hold true no matter where you live in the country or what type of environmental events you regularly experience.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider having your windows tinted:
- Aesthetic appeal: Although this is not always a major reason that people have their home windows tinted, it is still a very important one. Your windows overlook the entire neighborhood and outside world, so you will want to keep them looking as good as possible. Window treatments are one way to go about this, but so is window tinting. Not only will it keep your home cooler and energy-efficient – more on these points in a moment – but they will also give your house a sleek and sophisticated appearance.
- Create a comfortable environment: Experts estimate that up to 85 percent of the heat generated by the sun can be blocked out of the home simply by having the windows tinted. This means that the protected windows will keep your home at a more comfortable temperature without having to rely on the air conditioning unit. You will not have to suffer anymore with different issues such as glare, hot spots or fluctuating temperatures – they will all be a thing of the past.
- Increased security: In most houses, the windows are the most vulnerable parts for potential break-ins. If you invest in security window film, the glass will be outfitted with a thick layer that will offer plenty of protection from being smashed and rendered useless. Even if the window is broken, the structure will be uncompromised and held in place, allowing your household to remain safe from the outside world.
- Protect your possessions: Because sunlight will be kept out of your house, the items on the inside will benefit greatly. With direct exposure to the sun, things such as rugs, couches and other fabrics are vulnerable to fading and discoloration over time. You can stop this process entirely by having your windows tinted, which will allow everything to look and feel great for its natural longevity. Stop spending money on area rugs and blankets that are just being worn down by the sun!
- Reduce energy consumption: Less sun entering the household will result in you spending less money on your monthly utility bills. Just think about it – since the interior of your home will not be as warm, that means you won't have to rely on artificial means to keep it cool. You will notice almost immediately how having energy saving window film installed on your windows will have a very positive impact on your bank account.
If you are in the market for having your windows tinted, be sure to schedule an appointment with R&J Tinting for our DC window tinting products and services! Contact us today to learn more about what we offer to customers.